Maintaining the ideal figure can be difficult. Even patients who have worked at maintaining a healthy weight may be concerned by areas of the body that seem to hold onto stubborn pockets of fat. Often times these areas of localized fat simply do not respond to diet or exercise. The most effective way for Dr. Patrick McNamara to address these concerns is by offering liposuction to his Houston patients. With liposuction treatment Dr. McNamara is able to treat these areas of excess fat in order to create a more slender and toned appearance for the treated area.
Types of Liposuction
At The Skin Renewal Center, we are happy to offer three types of liposuction to our patients. Each of these types of liposuction are able to remove stubborn body fat in order to give patients the body contour they desire. Dr. McNamara will recommend the liposuction treatment that is best suited to meet each patient's unique needs and desires.
- Traditional liposuction : Traditional liposuction uses a surgical vacuum to break up localized fat deposits and suction it out of the body. This thin, hollow instrument, called a cannula, will be inserted into small incisions that are made throughout the treatment area, allowing Dr. McNamara to create a more slender profile.
- Vaser® liposuction : Vaser® liposuction offers the latest in liposuction technology. Using ultrasonic sound waves, the Vaser® system liquefies fat, making it easier to remove from the body. Vaser® liposuction allows Dr. McNamara to treat specific areas of fat while leaving surrounding tissue undisturbed. Vaser® liposuction produces results that are similar to traditional liposuction with a procedure that is less invasive for patients, which is why it is Dr. McNamara's preferred liposuction treatment. Patients can learn more about this revolutionary treatment on our Vaser® liposuction page.
- Liposonix®: Liposonix® is best suited for patients with excess fat around the waistline. This non-invasive procedure passes an instrument over the surface of the treatment area, sending ultrasonic waves to the fat below. The ultrasonic waves destroy the fat cells and they are naturally removed from the body within 8 to 12 weeks after treatment. Most treatments result in the loss of one pant size.
With all of these types of liposuction, a significant amount of fat will be removed. Some patients may require a skin tightening treatment such as Thermage® following liposuction treatment in order to help the skin conform to the body's new contour.
Liposuction is one of the most versatile treatments available. For patients who are in overall good health and within a healthy weight range, liposuction can successfully remove fat from virtually any area of the body. From common problems areas such as the hips, thighs, abdomen, and buttocks to smaller areas such as the chin, elbows, and knees, liposuction can eliminate unwanted pockets of fat. It is important to note that liposuction can improve the contour of the body but it does not address cellulite. Patients who are concerned by the appearance of dimpled or rippled skin should consider Vaser® smooth cellulite treatment.
After liposuction treatment, our patients experience a number of aesthetic benefits. Liposuction treatment results in:
- The elimination of fat deposits that have been resistant to other forms of treatment
- A more attractive body contour
- A more slender and toned appearance
With these physical improvements, our patients are left feeling more confident and secure in their appearance.
After we performed liposuction on his wife, this gentleman was impressed and decided to rid himself of his love handles.
Under the skilled hand of Dr. Patrick McNamara, the chance of risks resulting from liposuction is very slim. During treatment we use local anesthetic along with just a minimal amount of medication to create a conscious sedation, thus minimizing the risk of complication as a result of anesthesia. Other possible risks of liposuction include excessive blood loss, blood clots, or infection. These risks are extremely rare. Overall, liposuction is considered a safe and effective treatment.
The cost of liposuction will depend largely on the type of liposuction performed as well as the areas of treatment and the extent of treatment required. However, each of these procedures is performed on an outpatient basis which cuts down on expenses and helps maintain a reasonable cost for liposuction treatment. Patients should also note that the cost of liposuction treatment with Dr. McNamara includes the surgeon fee, facility costs, anesthesia costs, and post-operative care so there will be no hidden fees.
Contact the Skin Renewal Center
If you are interested in learning more about slimming the body through liposuction treatment, schedule a consultation with Dr. Patrick McNamara at your earliest convenience. Dr. McNamara is happy to answer any questions you may have about liposuction as well as recommend an appropriate treatment plan based on your specific needs.