Even with vigorous exercise and a healthy diet, stubborn areas of fat can still linger and cause individuals to feel unhappy about their appearance. Understandably, many patients are apprehensive about undergoing extensive surgical procedures and have been disappointed with such treatments as Coolsculpting®. Liposuction is the 2nd most commonly performed cosmetic procedure in the U.S. (right behind breast augmentation). The reason it is so popular is because it works. The Skin Renewal Center offers in-office, minimally-invasive liposuction to remove the problem fat permanently. We accomplish this through Vaser Liposuction, an amazing innovation that allows us to remove fat with very little downtime.
What is Vaser® Liposuction?
Vaser® ultra-sound liposuction allows us to target and liquefy specific areas of fat while avoiding disruption of surrounding tissues. This results in very efficient fat removal with rapid post-procedure recovery. The Vaser® instruments transmit ultrasonic energy at a frequency that causes the fat cells to break up and move away from one another. This causes the fat to liquefy--which allows it to be gently removed through a tiny incision. Vaser® Liposuction can be used on many different areas of the body including the neck, arms, back, thighs, knees, male chest, stomach, and buttocks. Most commonly, we use Vaser® Liposuction to eliminate bulging tummies, flanks, and backs
Before and After Vaser Liposuction (abdomen and flanks)
How do I Know if I'm a Candidate for Vaser® Liposuction?
The first step is to call us and set up a consultation. There is no fee for this, and you will have the opportunity to share your concerns and goals thoroughly. We have multiple treatments for unwanted fat. We will discuss each of these in detail and provide the information that you need to make an informed decision.
Candidates for Vaser® Liposuction should be in good health with stable medical conditions. We will provide you with written information regarding the procedure to be performed as well as the fee, possible side effects, pre- and post-procedure instructions, and a checklist to ensure that everything is in place for a smooth surgery and great outcome. Although all of this will be discussed during your consultation, we encourage all patients to read carefully through the information provided and to call with any questions.
Before and After Vaser Liposuction (abdomen and outer thighs)
Benefits of Vaser® Liposuction
- Effective and precise with minimal downtime
- Most patients are able to return to routine activity within three days of treatment.
- Minimal sedation is necessary to perform Vaser® Liposuction, due to its precision. This reduces complications and recovery time that can be associated with general anesthesia.
- Patients report no pain during the procedure, or for the next 24 hours. Mild soreness may be experienced 1-2 days after the procedure.
- Immediate gratification. That fat is gone!
- Vaser® Liposuction is affordable. We have NO hidden fees (anesthesia, facility costs, bandage charges) that can be encountered at outpatient surgical centers. Our fee will include all aspects of your procedure (such as surgery and intraoperative monitoring) as well as post-operative visits. We will cover the costs of an appropriate compression garment. Many patients prefer more than one garment. We can obtain that for you at a very reasonable price.
- Our patients look good after surgery, great about three weeks later, and fantastic in 4-5 months.
- Skyrocketing self-esteem.
- The only additional cost to our patients will be the medications called to their pharmacy prior to their surgery. These include prophylactic antibiotics to prevent infection, a pain medication, and a single dose of a benzodiazepine that is to be taken just prior to the surgery.
- Tighter and firmer skin. The heat generated by Vaser® ultrasound causes collagen to contract which, in turn, pulls the skin in tighter. This does not occur with techniques such as Coolsculpting®.
Before and After Vaser Liposuction (thighs, Brazilian butt lift)