Posts for tag: Facial Fillers
Do lines, wrinkles and sagging skin make you look older than you feel? Facial fillers provide a simple solution. Dr. Patrick McNamara offers fillers at The Skin Renewal Center, a Houston, TX, medical spa.
How do facial fillers improve my appearance?
Lines and wrinkles form due to an age-related decrease in collagen and elastin, two proteins that keep your skin firm and supple. As your skin sags, fine lines, wrinkles begin to form. You may also notice that your cheeks or undereye areas aren't as full as they once were.
As their name implies, injectable facial fillers plump up sagging skin and restore lost volume, minimizing lines, folds and wrinkles.
Are facial fillers a good choice for my issue?
Minimally invasive facial fillers can be used to:
- Improve Facial Contours: Fillers plump up hollow cheeks, fill in depressions under your eyes, firm your jawline and improve your facial silhouette.
- Combat Thin Lips and Lip Lines: Your lips naturally become thinner as you age. Adding facial fillers increases the volume and makes you look more youthful. Thin vertical lines may also appear around your mouth about the same time your lips begin to thin. If you wear lipstick, the product may seep into the lines. Fillers soften these lines and help you avoid bleeding lipstick.
- Minimize Wrinkles: Fillers soften wrinkles all over your face, including chin creases, crow's feet, and marionette and nasolabial fold lines.
- Help You Look More Rested: Vertical lines between your eyebrows can make you look tired or angry. Facial fillers reduce these lines and also improve forehead furrows.
- Make Scars Less Noticeable: Do you have depressed scars due to acne or an injury? Dermal fillers offer a simple way to improve the appearance of scars and burns.
How long do fillers last?
Your fillers may last from six months to two years, depending on the type of filler used. Your Houston doctor will recommend specific fillers based on the areas of the face you want to treat.
Is the treatment process painful?
Some fillers contain an anesthetic to reduce pain. If the filler you're receiving doesn't, your doctor will apply a topical anesthetic before your treatment begins. Thanks to the anesthetic, you may notice a slight pricking sensation, but you shouldn't find the process painful. After treatment, a little bruising or redness at the injection site may occur, but it should disappear in a few hours or days.
Renew your appearance with facial fillers! Call Dr. Patrick McNamara at The Skin Renewal Center medical spa in Houston, TX, at (713) 533-0800 to schedule your appointment.