Types Of Facial Fillers
Facial fillers have revolutionized cosmetic medicine. Fillers, combined with a neuromodulator such as Botox®, can mimic the effects of a face lift without the scars and extended recovery time. Most of the facial fillers at The Skin Renewal Center in Montrose, Houston, TX can be administered within an hour and have no downtime. Treatments can refresh the face, improve acne scars, minimize circles under the eyes, and lift the cheeks. Most of the changes associated with the aging of our faces is due to volume loss, so fillers are a great solution. The nine different facial fillers at The Skin Renewal Center enable us to tailor your treatment to meet your individual needs.
Facial fillers can be categorized either as bioactive fillers or static fillers. Although all the facial fillers create some changes in the surrounding dermis, the bioactive fillers create a robust production of collagen that can last 2 to 5 years or even longer. The static fillers currently approved are different polymers of hyaluronic acid (HA) that create volume through their absorption of water. They last from 9 months to 2 years depending on the injection site and the product used.
Static Fillers (hyaluronic acids)
Juvederm Ultra XC
The process by which these hyaluronic acids (HA) are linked together determines their viscosity, longevity, and their optimal placement in the skin. It is very common to use one HA to lift and create volume, and a different HA to fill in very fine lines. Because they are very smooth and gel-like, these fillers feel and look very natural.
- Bellafill - consists of evenly distributed microspheres of PMMA (PolyMethylMethAcrylate) in a vehicle of bovine collagen. PMMA has been safely used for more than 66 years in a wide variety of medical products.
- Radiesse - consists of evenly distributed calcium molecules in a vehicle of methylcellulose
- Sculptra - is a suspension of sugar polymers in sterile water.
As similar as the static fillers are to one another, each of the bioactive fillers is composed of unique molecules that stimulate the skin to produce abundant amounts of collagen. This restores the face to a more youthful appearance through improved firmness of the skin and the correction of volume loss. These facial fillers also tend to last for longer periods than the hyaluronic acids. Radiesse and Sculptra can result in cosmetic improvement for up to 18-24 months. Bellafill will maintain the volume it restored for at least 5 years, and probably more.
Factors to be considered when choosing a facial filler
- Cost Although the facial fillers are priced similarly, some become more cost-effective due to their duration of action. (Bellafill and Radiesse come to mind).
- Skin type Very thin skin with little subcutaneous fat should be treated with Sculptra. The liquid consistency of its suspension allows us to create layers of collagen that improve the integrity and appearance of the skin. This usually requires 2-3 treatments. Cosmetic improvement can last for up to two years.
- Volume loss/Diminishment of subcutaneous fat - Voluma XC, Restylane Lyft, Radiesse, Sculptra, and Bellafill are all excellent considerations.
- Thinning lips Our poor, wrinkled lips curl inward and appear to be smaller as we age. Hyaluronic acids, such as Belotero, Juvederm Ultra XC, and Restylane Silk are good choices.
- Fine lines Fillers, such as Belotero Balance, Restylane Silk, and Volbella XC, can be slipped into individual lines and cause them to virtually disappear. If fine lines are widespread, it frequently is best to minimize them with a Growth Factor Facial, then proceed with a filler. Dermaplaning, chemical peels. are also helpful in reducing fine lines.
If you are interested in being treated with a facial filler, all of the above information (and more) will be reviewed with you at our Montrose, Houston, TX medical spa. After discussing your thoughts and concerns and evaluating your anatomy, a treatment plan with various options will be discussed thoroughly. Achieving an optimal outcome requires an informed patient collaborating with the physician and nurses. Together, we can achieve a refreshed, natural appearance. Self-improvement is very empowering and all of us at The Skin Renewal Center are proud to help our patients look and feel their best.
Treatment with Dermal Fillers (Radiesse and Belotero Balance)
Non-surgical Straightening of the nose (Restylane Silk)
Are you interested in facial fillers?
Call The Skin Renewal Center in Montrose, Houston, TX
at (713) 533-0800 to schedule a consultation today!