Types Of Facial Fillers
Facial fillers have revolutionized cosmetic medicine. Fillers, combined with a neuromodulator such as Botox®, can mimic the effects of a facelift without the scars and extended recovery time. Most of the facial fillers at The Skin Renewal Center in Montrose, Houston, TX can be administered within an hour with usually no downtime. Treatments can refresh the face, improve acne scars, minimize circles under the eyes, enhance lips, lift the cheeks, and fill fine lines. Because one of the changes associated with the aging of our face is loss of volume, fillers are very refreshing. There are two types of dermal fillers – Hyaluronic Acid fillers and Bioactive fillers. The different dermal fillers enable us to tailor your treatment to meet your individual needs.
Hyaluronic Acids Fillers
Hyaluronic acid is found throughout the body and when crosslinked it forms a gel. The manner in which these hyaluronic acids are linked together determines their viscosity, flexibility, and longevity. The RHA Collection and Juvederm Collection have multiple products that range from thick to thin. This enables us to select the filler which would give us the best appearance. Hyaluronic acids readily absorb water which allows them to fill in wrinkles and create volume for immediate results. Hyaluronic acids can last from six months to more than two years.
- RHA Collection of fillers RHA stands for Resilient Hyaluronic Acid. These fillers have flexibility that allows them to naturally move with the skin. We offer RHA Redensity, RHA-2, RHA-3 and RHA-4
- Juvederm Collection of Fillers Juvederm fillers provide natural-looking, long lasting results. We offer Voluma XC, Juvederm Ultra XC and Volbella XC.
- Belotero Balance – Is a versatile hyaluronic acid used to fill and smooth moderate to severe wrinkles.
Bioactive Fillers are composed of molecules that stimulate the skin to produce abundant amounts of collagen. This creates a more youthful appearance through improved firmness of the skin and the correction of volume loss. Bioactive fillers generally last longer than hyaluronic acid fillers. Radiesse and Sculptra can result in cosmetic improvement for up to 18-24 months, while Bellafill may restore the loss volume for up to 5 years.
- Bellafill – Bellafill consists of evenly distributed microspheres of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) in bovine collagen. As the bovine collagen is broken down, the body interweaves collagen fibers through and around the microspheres. PMMA has been safely used for more than seven decades in a wide variety of medical products.
- Radiesse – This filler consists of evenly distributed calcium molecules in methylcellulose. Like Bellafill, the body robustly produces collagen that wraps around the calcium molecules. After 15 months, or so, the calcium molecules dissipate as does the volumizing effect. Radiesse is frequently diluted and used to tighten skin as well.
- Sculptra – This filler also vigorously stimulates collagen formation creating both volume and firmer skin. Sculptra is a suspension of sugar polymers in sterile water that creates volume for around 18 months. Sculptra is usually administered in 2-3 sessions about a month apart.
Factors to be considered when choosing a facial filler.
- Cost Although the facial fillers are priced similarly, some become more cost-effective due to their duration of action.
- Skin type – Patients fortunate enough to have regular to thick skin can be treated with both hyaluronic acids or bioactive fillers. Patients with very thin skin should be treated with Sculptra. The liquid consistency of its suspension allows us to create layers of collagen that improve the integrity and appearance of the skin. This usually requires 2-3 treatments about a month apart.
- Volume loss/Diminishment of subcutaneous fat – This can be remedied with, RHA-4, Voluma XC, Radiesse, Sculptra, and Bellafill. Volume loss occurs as we get older. By replenishing volume patients look younger and refreshed.
- Lips Lip enhancement is one of the most common filler procedures we do at The Skin Renewal Center. Factors to consider are proportion, projection, volume, symmetry and definition. We always use hyaluronic acid to address these concerns. We use RHA-2, Belotero Balance and Juvederm Ultra XC to give lips the beauty our patients desire.
- Fine lines Fillers, such as RHA-Redensity, Belotero Balance, and Volbella XC, can be slipped into individual lines and cause them to virtually disappear. RHA Redensity is particularly good for` vertical lip lines and minimizing circular neck lines. If fine lines are widespread, it frequently is best to minimize them with a Growth Factor Facial (microneedling with PRP), then proceed with a filler. Dermaplaning, and chemical peels are also helpful in reducing fine lines.
If you are interested in being treated with a facial filler, all of the above information (and more) will be reviewed with you at our Montrose, Houston, TX medical spa. After discussing your thoughts and concerns and evaluating your anatomy, a treatment plan with various options will be discussed thoroughly. Achieving an optimal outcome requires an informed patient collaborating with the physician and nurses. Together, we can achieve a refreshed, natural appearance. Self-improvement is very empowering and all of us at The Skin Renewal Center are proud to help our patients look and feel their best.
Treatment with Dermal Fillers (Radiesse and Belotero Balance)
Are you interested in facial fillers?
Call The Skin Renewal Center in Montrose, Houston, TX
at (713) 533-0800 to schedule a consultation today!